STRUCTURAL FIELD ENGINEER/TECHNICIAN – Vancouver, BC
WHM Structural Engineers is a young, energetic, and quickly growing firm serving Canada and the USA. We envision becoming a leading international structural engineering firm that clients and partners value. By continuously offering a collaborative approach, creative solutions, exceptional service, and technical excellence, WHM will deliver unparalleled value to clients and partners and will provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people committed to providing quality service throughout each project. Join the WHM team, have fun and share in our growth!
We are currently looking for a Structural Field Engineer/Technician on a full-time basis to assist in overseeing projects that have entered the construction phase. Under the direction of the Senior Engineering team, the ideal candidate will be a responsive communicator who demonstrates a keen drive to acquire knowledge and apply it to support sensible and buildable design solutions.
- • Site Reviews to determine whether structures are following the general conformity of the WHM drawings
- • Preparation and distribution of Site Review Memos
- • Responding to Requests for Information from external stakeholders
- • Reviewing Shop Drawings to determine general conformance with WHMs structural drawings
- • Site and Construction Meetings
- • Cost Claim Reviews
- • Drawing Coordination to ensure alignment of WHM documents with Consultant’s drawings and site conditions
- • Ongoing maintenance of electronic project files
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- • Ability to read and interpret construction documents, primarily structural, architectural, and shop drawings
- • Knowledge of Construction (direct construction experience is an asset)
- • Familiar with Canadian Building & Material Codes (Wood, Concrete, and Steel)
- • Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- • Understands how to build relationships through the practice of effective interpersonal skills
- • Demonstrated written and verbal English communication skills
- • Strong organizational and self-directed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and project requests
- • Resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- • Thoroughness in completing tasks with attention to detail
- • Ability to work in a team environment, working towards common goals and objectives
Required Training & Experience
- • Successful completion of a Civil & Structural Engineering Technology program (or similar) in Canada with a focus in Structural Design
- • Valid driver’s license
Salary to be determined based on experience and a comprehensive benefits plan is available after three months of employment. We offer a great team environment and enjoy many company activities and social events throughout the year. Most importantly, we value our employees and like to see them grow with our company.
Interested in joining our team? Please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be an excellent fit for this position.