STRUCTURAL ENGINEER – Vancouver, BC
WHM Structural Engineers is a young, energetic, and quickly growing firm serving Canada and the USA. We envision becoming a leading international structural engineering firm that clients and partners value. By continuously offering a collaborative approach, creative solutions, exceptional service, and technical excellence, WHM will deliver unparalleled value to clients and partners and will provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people committed to providing quality service throughout each project. Join the WHM team, have fun and share in our growth!
We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer on a full-time basis to provide structural design for projects that follow WHM’s standards, specifications, and guidelines. Under the Senior Project Engineer’s direction, the ideal candidate will show a high level of personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work while showing a strong understanding of buildable design solutions.
- •Prepare detailed structural designs for building components and carry out design engineering calculations for review by the Project Engineer
- • Produce preliminary structural sketches and prepare calculations and sketches for structural elements
- • Review and provide feedback on high-level concepts, calculations and structural specifications
- • Seal drawings and documents as required
- • Assist and provide input in preparing proposal submissions
- • Maintenance and development of business network opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- • Proficient with Canadian Building & Material Codes (Wood, Concrete, and Steel)
- • Demonstrated written and verbal English communication skills
- • Advanced organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- • Strong capacity to assess information and communicate decisions that support sound judgement and experienced analysis
- • Ability to work in a team environment, building strong, empowered relationships that support common goals and objectives
Required Training & Experience
- • Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering
- • Minimum of 3 years of direct experience designing commercial, residential, and municipal buildings in Canada
- • MUST be registered as a P.Eng, EIT, or Struct.Eng with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
Salary is to be determined based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits plan is available after 3 months of employment. We offer a great team environment and enjoy many company activities and social events throughout the year. Most importantly, we value our employees and like to see them grow with our company.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume. We appreciate all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply